Sunday, July 17, 2011

Eight, For Mysterious Girls

This next prompt comes from the lovely Sofia:

To Mother,

I have arrived in the Foreign Land as planned. The ride here was all right, no one asked any questions. I guess that's what I'm most afraid of, that someone will notice me. It's a stupid thing to be scared of. No one notices me anyway. I am staying at a boarding house. The owner is a small lady with poor eyesight who doesn't ask questions. 

I don't know, Ma. What do you want me to tell you? I'm not enjoying it here. I'm paranoid. I can't sleep at night just wondering if someone's coming after me. If they know about me. You wouldn't know what it's like. You've always belonged. 

I don't talk much. I think some of the folks think I'm mute. Better that they think that. 

I don't have much else to say. Hope you're doing well. I don't even have to hope. I know you're fine.

From,
Your Loving Daughter

No comments:

Post a Comment