Monday, July 4, 2011

Repetition at Its Finest

So if you're here, it's undoubtedly because you saw one of my three desperate posts on Figment. Either that or you're one lucky Stumbler! No, really. Because this blog is going to be absolutely funny noodles.

All right, on to the point of this post. I will perform the spectacular act of copying and pasting my Figment post into this Blogger post for all you first-timer Stumblers to see what's partly going on in this blog.


LETTERS. I WANT THEM. PLEASE? 
Yes, a letter. As in, a piece of paper (or seven) stuffed in an envelope with a stamp and an address on the outside. Maybe a sticker or doodle or two. Or both.
Ahem.
Why? Because I'm planning on writing a story. Not just any ordinary tale, but one that can be molded into a comic at some point. It has a relationship with dream worlds, dreams and nightmares, Greek mythology, the indie scene, and you. Yes, you.
I want your dreams, your nightmares, your dream diaries. I want pictures of your favorite places, your coolest, most eccentric outfits, your Photoshopped creations. I want your stories, your sad and happy and coincidental and romantic and interesting in relation to the real world or just something you wish would happen to you.
These stories, pictures, and dreams can be as cutesy or gory, funny or graphic, and realistic or imaginative as you want to make them. Use Photoshop to tweak the colors of a photo or to completely reinvent one. Use a friend's influence to create a tale woven of nightmarish lands with vicious unicorns that have anger management issues. I don't care, just make it as interesting or as boring as you like.
The things I receive will not be taken directly and used word for word. They will be the influence to my writing and drawing. So, for example, if I receive a letter talking about a group of indie girls who like advocating for rights and a photo of a pineapple, I'll find a way to put them together to make a story. This is just an example. I'm not sure what kind of stuff I'll get from you guys but I sure hope it's interesting.
Anyway, a return address is not necessary if you're iffy about giving out your address. However, I will do my best to send out a thank you card to those of you who help me out. If you'd rather include the name you use on this site and the title of a story or poem you'd like read and reviewed in return for your letter/photo/story, I'll be happy to read and review your story or poem.
Please send your letters, photos, and stories to:
Alyssa Ricigliano 
460 Franklin St. 
Buffalo, NY 14202  
USA
This is the private work address of a friend and not my personal address. I am aware of the risks of posting addresses on the internet but this cannot be traced directly to me.
Thank you everyone for reading this! Please post here if you plan on sending something my way. I hope to hear from you soon! =)
If you're interested in sending something, it will more than likely wind up here on this blog. I may post pictures and copy the inspiring piece word for word. I may post only a picture. I may post only a general description of the works I receive.

Whatever I do, I will do my best to post as often as possible, but mostly the posting will be limited to the frequency with which I receive mail from you lovelies. So, send away! And if you absolutely can't, under any circumstances, send a letter, feel free to send an e-mail my way.

My address is aricigliano@ymail.com and please just title the subject line "Letters" or "The Letter End" so I don't accidentally delete your message. It helps if you leave a comment here letting me know you sent something my way. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment